Family reunions are a golden opportunity. During that time you grow closer with your family, share some laughs, and of course, eat, eat, eat, and eat some more. At least that’s what we did at our family reunion in Boulder, Colorado. We had the best time there. Plain and simple. And while my family is still there actually (I had to fly out early to take a midterm yesterday—such a bummer), I’m still thinking about the amazing time we spent in this beautiful town. It was my first time visiting Colorado and I think that we will most definitely return.
I thought I’d share some of the highlights so that if you ever find yourself in Boulder, you’ll know what’s best!
1. The St. Julien: What a resort. We had Easter Brunch there and an afternoon tea as well. Not only did every member of our family get a tulip as a parting gift, the food and the atmosphere was wonderful. Nothing like a mini crème brulee to start Easter off!
2. Pearl Street: The most eclectic and beautiful stores that I’ve ever seen. The whole street is adorned with over 15,000 tulips and every shop offers a unique taste. I have to say that my favorite was the glass artwork shop, though—stunning. Bring your wallet!
3. The Buff: There were too many fantastic restaurants to choose from, but this was my favorite breakfast place by far. It was all the more special as the snow came down.
4. Chautauqua Mountains: We went on a great hiking trail and stood on the edge of cliffs overlooking the city. The flat iron mountains are breathtaking and it was well worth the windy roads.
5. Endless exploring: There is so much to see in Boulder that we were constantly on the go. I hope you’ll visit this town someday if you have the opportunity—I had a blast!
I hope to return to Boulder with my family again; I have nothing but positive things to say about this town. Maybe when we return again we’ll hit the slopes and try some new restaurants (there were too many to fit in!). Give Boulder a go!
The Sunny Girl, Lauren Cook